This article focuses on the moments of raising a child with down syndrome. Just want to note that I write only my own experience. Don’t know how many different opinions there are on this. A unified system of education no — that’s why so many discrepancies. Blame the system and to agree with another may not, so just present the facts.
Let me begin with the first days. I learned about the diagnosis of her son back to the family table (the phenotype) when I didn’t want to give it up. On — worse. None of my relatives wanted me to come. Nobody. In my family there is a worship study, and «perfect man», so that the defective child absolutely did not fit. Remember those days not very desirable. Whatever you say — I put a huge bolt on all the exhortations of those who was supposed to support me. It was hard, sad and painful. Saved me the realization that I love my child and would never be able to live with the fact that she dumped him. Today we all made it up, because the family — the most important thing in life.
The first thing I want to highlight: the biggest mistake that can be avoided by parents of children with disabilities — lock it up at home. About other diagnoses not speak, but I assure you — now opportunities for social adaptation so wide that almost all children Continue reading
Mama — Baba Yaga
— Don’t eat, the doctor will come and give you a shot!
— Please hurry home, and then comes the bogeyman and drag you with me!
— You will not obey a police officer will pick you up!
— Don’t run away, get lost, and there was Baba-Yaga!
And why not to scare? He has something to fear. Otherwise, generally not to cope! We, when we were little, my mom listened to and feared.
— The time to sleep! March to their rooms! Only go for a minute to kiss grandma and dad. Nothing to ramble and whine, it’s time to sleep. I told you! Yes, and at night don’t need to jump, to run, to cry, to include light, call grandma, you’re big kids, remember what I said!
Get acquainted with the following character — mommy — Baba-Yaga.
This mom is trying to achieve the obedience of a child, threatening his requirements, ensuring obedience with anger and annoyance. If the little man does things differently then most often should be the punishment, including physical.
Baba Yaga rudely and peremptorily talking to children, only she knows what to do, so she points out, charge, head, diminishes a sense of their dignity, will not tolerate independence of children. She is easily Continue reading
Memo No. 1 for parents
“Preventing childhood aggression”
1. Try to keep in the family atmosphere of openness and trust.
2. Do not let your child unfulfilled promises, not inspire his soul with unrealistic expectations.
3. Do not put your child any kind had no conditions.
4. Be tactful in the manifestation of the impact on the child.
5. Don’t punish your child for something that you can do yourself.
7. Do not modify its requirements in relation to the child in favor of anything.
8. Do not blackmail the child their relationships with each other.
9. Don’t be afraid to share with the child about their feelings and weaknesses.
10. Do not put your relationship with your own child dependent on his academic success.
11. Remember that your child is clothed! Use it so that it was implemented in full.
Memo No. 2 for parents
“How to deal with an aggressive child?”
1. Ban, and even more “op” will only exacerbate the problem.
2. The sanction must comply with the act.
3. Do not allow yourself outbursts of aggression in the presence of a child, do not use harsh parenting techniques.